Sunday 25 March 2012

A good old cuppa espresso and milk Italian style :)

So I thought to myself while travelling, "there's no way I cannot experience some sort of caffeinated goodness during my visit to Italy." So of course, I waited until I was sitting inside one of Italy's most historic buildings to fulfil that task - Castel St. Angelo.

This beautiful historic building where the Pope was hidden during much unrest, set the scene for my Italian espresso-tasting experience. Myself and my travel companions opted for a much-needed break after walking through this beauty and enjoyed a relaxing drink overlooking the Italian city.

The combination of the strong beans and frothy milk, topped with a sprinkle of cinnamon, truly hit the spot and definitely gave me the kick I needed to continue on my merry sightseeing way in the beautiful city of Rome.

Italian coffee really left a mark in my memory. It was deliciously aromatic, strong in taste and satisfying in every way. Should your travels lead you to the beautiful historic country of Italy, do not forget to stop and smell the coffee beans along the way. You will want that extra caffeinated kick while exploring the Castel St. Angelo, the Colosseum, the Pantheon and Trevi Fountain, just to name a few breathtaking landmarks :). Italy I love you! <3

Latte ~ cafe in Castel St. Angelo, Rome, Italy


 
The Pantheon
 


Colosseum :)

No comments:

Post a Comment